TAYONA, INC. is the company that conceptualized and created www.tayona.ph. It is so called TayoNa, meaning "Let's Go", as a call to action for all Filipinos to take more active participation in nation building.
The TayoNa Team is headed by Atty. Arthur C. Corpuz as the Chairman/CEO; Mr. Manuel G. Eviota, Director/COO; Ms. Arlene de Vera, Director/Marketing Manager; Ms. Jade O. Bernabe, Director/Social Media and Brand Manager; Mr. Frederick R. Puno, Director/IT Head; Mr. Andrew S. Eduarte, Graphic Artist; Mr. Dexter T. Banastao, Mobile Developer; and Ms. Liwayway A. Benitez, Sales Consultant.
To provide better socio-economic value to the internet activities of Filipinos.
TayoNa is a movement of Filipinos worldwide, actively interacting on-line at www.tayona.ph and enjoying all its features for their personal benefit and for the country.
• God as the Supreme Being.
• Honesty and integrity in all transactions.
• Fulfillment of all commitment to society and members.
• Respect for others and fairness to all.
• Responsible membership in the society.
• Respect for law and authority.
The website www.tayona.ph or simply “TayoNa” was created as one of the means to accomplish the mission of TayoNa to help elevate the socio-economic standing of Filipinos.
To accomplish this mission, “TayoNa” has been designed with the following features:
¨1. TayoNa is a Social Networking Site that is proudly 100% Filipino made. As a PINOY SOCIAL SITE, it tries to capture the Pinoy “kiliti” by having “Selfie”, “Groupie” and other themed photo contests. And members can enjoy for free the usual features of social sites such as chatting, video and photo upload, wall postings etc.
¨2. TayoNa is a tool for Socio-Economic empowerment for members and businesses.
Being a TOOL FOR SOCIO-ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT makes “TayoNa” different because aside from the individual benefits derived by its members, the site is used to support noble causes such as regular and sustained scholarship program with the “SELFIE FOR A CAUSE” campaign or the salute to Filipino Workers (local and overseas) using the “SIPAG PINOY” campaign etc.
The basic feature of the site is e-gift giving or sharing, where the gift giver automatically receives “Wish Gems” which can be used to “wish” for prizes such as “educational assistance”, plane ticket, gadgets etc. At the same time, the gift recipient is automatically credited with “Points” which can be used to send eGifts in order to earn Wish Gems.
3. TayoNa is a Social Advocacy, a movement of Filipinos for social change towards a better society.
As of 2016, there are now at least 44M Filipino Internet users, spending an average of 6hours per day in the internet. If at least 10% (4.4M) of them embrace the foundational spirit of TayoNa, that will make it easier to accomplish the mission.
TayoNa was created with the hope that Filipinos will realize that the task of nation building is every Filipino’s duty. Every body should contribute for better Philippines.
To understand this foundational spirit of TayoNa, we need to realize the potential of our country and its present condition:
1. home to more diverse life forms — flora and fauna — per hectare than any other country on earth;
1.1 5th largest number of plant species;
1.2 4th in number of birds endemic to a country;
1.3 1st in terrestrial mammalian diversity concentration
1.4 3rd in marine biodiversity
2. Fifth most mineralized country in the world. (3rd in Gold reserves; 4th in Copper;5th in Nickel; 6th in Chromite);
3. our country’s biodiversity potentially provides: possible anti-cancer agents, derived mainly from our rich marine life; treatments for central nervous system disorders, ingredients for antimicrobial drugs, and enzymes for biofuel production;
4. vast but still untapped potential for tourism;
On paper, we are rich, billions, trillions, centillions over. Unfortunately, all we have are numbers and stats. In real life, we remain a bottom feeder, a third world country. What was once a thriving, leading economy in Asia—its tiger—now lags behind its contemporaries in Asia and in the world.
For all the riches God has given the Philippines, no benefit seem to have reached its people. Not money, nor jobs, nor the most basic of government social services. Not even safety.
4.1. One out of four Filipinos live below the poverty line;
4.2 Unemployment rate is at 27 percent, with about 12.4 million Filipinos jobless (SWS, Q4 2014);
4.3. We are 83rd in healthcare services out of 133 countries;
4.4. We are 97th in personal safety;
4.5. We are 83rd in basic human needs provision (Social Progress Index 2015).
Why is that?
- 85th most corrupt country in the world, out of 175 nations. (Transparency International, 2014)
- 95th out of 189 countries easy to do business in (Doing Business 2015, World Bank).
- 91st among 144 economies in infrastructures like seaports and airports (World Economic Forum Global Competitiveness Report 2015)".
(Panorama Magazine, July 19, 2015)
Despite all the foregoing situations, TayoNa maintains its steadfast belief that we Filipinos can truly make it as long as we unite in helping our country. That is precisely why Tayona exists and will serve as a Pinoy platform for all patriotic Filipinos who similarly embrace this noble cause. Thus:
“TayoNa is very optimistic that Filipinos can achieve better lives which we truly deserve. We truly believe that the Filipinos can, and only we Filipinos can help ourselves and our country.”
Atin ito. Pinoy Ito. Kayang kaya Ng Pinoy. Tayo Na!
Why should Filipinos join TayoNa?
-It costs nothing
-It provides benefits for yourself, your family, friends and community all for free.
- It is a contribution to nation building
- If you love your country and care to contribute, join TayoNa and share it with your family and friends.